Change of Conditions

Workers are a class of temporary resident who are legally authorized to enter Canada temporarily to work. They are subject to various conditions.

This application guide is for temporary residents who are already in Canada and wish to:

  • extend their stay as a worker;
  • change conditions of their stay as a worker;
  • change their class to include permission to work; or
  • Correct problems in their status.

If you are currently working in Canada and want to change conditions on your work permit (e.g. change length, employer or occupation), you must apply and obtain a new work permit. You should apply before making the change. For any permit, you should always apply at least 30 days before your status expires.
(For more information please contact us).