From January 2015 onwards, skilled foreign workers who are planning to apply to any of Canada’s economic immigration programs can benefit from the use of Express Entry – an electronic application management system. Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has launched the Express Entry system to manage applications for permanent residence and applicants from across the world who qualify under
• Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP);
• Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP);
• A part of the Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP).
• Canadian Experience Class (CEC); and,
• Express Entry should not be regarded as a new immigration program; it is a new way for CIC to manage the online economic immigration applications.
• The program gives employers access to a list of skilled foreign nationals who they can take into consideration for a permanent position in case they are unable to find someone who is a Canadian or permanent resident to fill up the job.
• For potential skilled foreign workers, the system will lead to faster processing time.
The Express Entry system is the first step to immigrate to Canada under these programs. Potential candidates will be able to complete an Express Entry profile at any time once the system is online. Note that there will be no deadline to complete a profile and there will be no caps on the number of candidates that will be accepted to the pool.
Anyone who is accepted into the Express Entry pool could get an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence. Draws to invite candidates to apply are expected to take place at regular intervals over the course of each year. We will only pick the top ranking candidates regardless of when they were accepted into the pool. If you have been invited to apply, you will have 60 days to submit a complete Application for Permanent Residence online.
(For more information please contact us).