Live in Care Giver
The Live-in Caregiver Program brings qualified caregivers to Canada in situations where there are no Canadians or permanent residents to fill available positions. Live-in caregivers are individuals who are qualified to work without supervision in a private household providing care for children, the elderly or people with disabilities. The live-in caregiver must live in the employer’s home.
In Canada, there is a shortage of Canadians or Permanent Residents to fill positions as nannies and live-in caregivers. . Live-in caregivers must live in the private home where they work in Canada.
Advantages of live in care Giver
- Easier and faster entry into Canada (usually within 3-4 months of obtaining employment)
- Genuine job from Canadian employer offering good salary, reasonable terms
- Live-in position – stays with employer in an independent room – controlled expenses and peace of mind
- Good potential of saving during the initial 2 years
- Ability to achieve permanent resident status while staying in Canada after 24 months – as compared to 4-5 years processing time while staying out of Canada
- The family members in home country will be processed concurrently
- On becoming PR – prior Canadian work experience helps easier assimilation into Canadian society.
- Once PR, the person can continue in chosen profession